My Mother-in Law makes a wonderful salve I love it so much I use it everyday. I love using it on my face, neck, hands, feet, legs all over my body! It is so great completely natural absolutely no chemicals, and has DoTERRA Essential Oils for healing the skin any place on the body. I got this from her blog campwander.blogspot.com
All Purpose Healing Salve Recipe:
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
2 T. Beeswax Pastilles
20 drops doTERRA Lavender
10 drops doTERRA Lemon
10 drops doTERRA Melaleuca
Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer as well as antibacterial. Olive oil has lots of anti-oxidants, including Hydroxytyrosol as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
Lavender soothes and heals, Lemon cleanses and disinfects while Melaleuca is antibacterial and antifungal!
Melt the coconut, olive oil and beeswax in a warm bath, stirring with a knife every few minutes until melted.
Add the essential oils.
Stir, then pour into glass jars of your choice and let cool.
Put a paper towel over the jars while cooling and wait to cover with lids until completely cooled down.
Use small jars so you can keep several around the house and have travel sizes handy.
Here's a list of ways that All Purpose Healing Balm has been used...with great success I might add :)
1. Crazy good hand moisturizer!
2. Amazing on dry, cracked heels and crusty elbows.
3. All round moisturizer for dry climes. I use it as a body moisturizer and even on my face, sparingly!
4. Soothes and heals chapped lips or any chappy place.
5. Soothes welts, burns and sunburn!
6. Great for diaper rash.
7. Keep your dogs in mind!
8. Antiseptic properties make it great for cuts and scrapes!
9. Wonderful for elderly folks and their thin, fragile skin.
10. Great for scaly scalp!
Let me know how it turns out and how you are using it!